In the Capacity of the president of Hui Neng Foundation, I would like inform to you energetic inspirational about renowned residential Chandkapur Ancinet Buddhist Stupa which is situated Village Chandkapur, Grampanchayat Bhojapur, Tah. Pavani District Bhandar state Maharashtra, India. It is 82 Kilometes from Nagpur. The ancient history department of Nagpur University has carried out archeological excavation 1969. These excavations have unearthed the remains of a huge stupa of Buddhist era. The remains of Chandkapur Ancinet Buddhist Stupa monuments are scattered around the Stupa. It was the ancient Buddhist city.
The Archaeological survey of India Excavation report 1969-70 Pauni, there are three Ancient Buddhist Stupa but two Stupa is under dispute due to illegal encroachment. But third Chandkapur Ancient Buddhist Stupa is not disputed because land records of revenue and forest department of Maharashtra, India it is very clearly mentioned on 7/12 as a ‘Buddha Stupa’. Chandkapur Ancient Buddhist Stupa it is two mounds are within sight of each other. It lies two kilometers south from main Stupa of Pavani and Chandkapur Ancient Buddhist Stupa a long “L” and circular shaped and height of nearly eight meters and basal tier platform of the length of 41.6 meters close to a seasonally flowing streamlet.
History of Site:
Pavani historical background of Emperor Ashoka is very interesting because Asokan Inscription found at Devtek which is 20 kilometer from Pavani. According to indication of Inscription, Pavani territory of Vidarbha lay under Mauryan Empire rulers and also Emperor Ashoka personally visited to Pavani and appointed to women as a Dhammamahamatras namely Rupiamma. Pavani was centrally established international trade root and link between the North and the south India. According to Archaeological survey of India record the Buddha bone relics unearthed at Pavani. In true sense Pavani was International a great huge Buddhist faith Center and Universal Buddhist moral code of conduct.
Situated of Historical Pauni
Historical Pavani, presently is Tahsil Place under Bandara District, It is 82 Kilometers from Nagpur state Maharashtra, India, situated on bank of Wainganga River, but during the time of Emperor Ashok Wainganga River name was Painganaga.
Importance of Site:
Pauni Buddha stupa of Pre Emperor Ashoka
According to Archaeological survey of India Excavation report 1969-70, Situation of Pauni Buddhist heritages sites there are two Buddhist Stupas, distance between in two stupa three kilometers and they are pre Mauryan period.
Stupa of Pauni
- Pauni Buddhist Stupa It is huge and situated near fort lake site. Stupa unearthed by Archaeological survey of India. The diameter of Original Stupa to have been 38.20 meters and according to our observation the height of Stupa it may be of nearly nine meters because the size of the burnt bricks is 40x37x10 cms. The covering thickness of stupa dome is 1.48 meters and Pradaksgina paha width 2.78 meters
- Pauni Buddhist Stupa is one of the greatest Stupas of India much bigger than Sanchi Buddhist Stupa, and has yielded conclusive evidence of the great Buddhist establishment. it has a number s of precious beautiful human railing pillar of “Naga king Mucalimda” and many fragmentary railing pillars of Buddhist art sculptures, in the construction they had adopted unique civil engineering and Architecture techniques.
- After the excavation-1969-79 the Pavani Stupa is without anything protection of Archaeological survey of India therefore the Stupa antiquities are scattered on land and the adjoining the basal periphery of Stupa areas has been occupied and done completely levelled up and damage to stupa brick-kilns, by Agricultural farmer also many Buddhist antiquities has been damaged due to casually of the Jagannatha Brahmanism Hindu sect temple which is top on Ancient Buddhist stupa as an encroachment. also utilize extensively the earlier available antiquities of Buddhist in Jagannatha Brahmanism Hindu sect temple that way the Jaganatha Brahmanism Hindu sect temple Stylistically dose not appear to very old, it will construction after British rule.
- We have done many correspondences with Archaeological survey of India and State government of Maharashtra and District collector Bandara for shifting of Jaganatha Hindu sect Brahmanism temple to other place because The Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Sites and Remains Act 1958 say the Regulated area is 200-300 meters from adjoining a protected ancient monument which the central Government has, by notification and Pavani Stupa are notified in central Government but they did not taken any action according to protection of Ancient Buddhist Stupa.
- Development of Pauni as tourist place will economically beneficial to local citizen but they did not taken any action.
Land acquisition is taking place.
Different Site associated to Pauni Stupa:
About Hui Neng Foundation
Hui Neng Foundation has indeed taken consistent effort on development of Ancient Residential Buddhist educational systems near 200-300 miters regulated area of Ancient Buddhist Sites of India and also are under the research on socio-economical policy of Golden era of the Emperor Ashoka.
We have focused on solving of dispute
Hui Neng Foundation is very indeed that due to the patient and consistent effort Indian constitutional Article 49 to protect the Ancient Monument it is under directive principle of state. Hui Neng foundation is very serious according Indian constitutional article 49 which is protect to Ancient Monuments. If Government could not take any action according shifting of Jaganatha Tempe which is encroachment on Ancient main Buddhist Stupa of Pavani and they did not develop in Public Interest and tourism, being a president of Hui Neng foundation maybe takes legal Action.